About True Blue Studio
*Supporting handmade, local, sustainable or second hand fashion.
True Blue is a small textile studio located in Santa Cruz, California. Carolina, the artist and founder, is inspired by northern California as well as El Salvador, her birthplace.
Growing up in a civil war, creativity was her getaway. After getting a degree in architecture and successfully running her own design and remodel company for ten years, Carolina and her husband moved to Santa Cruz. In 2013, True Blue Studio was founded.
Carolina is influenced by the culture and nature of El Salvador and Santa Cruz, as well as her personal experiences and emotions as a woman and mother.
For commissions, consignment, and wholesale please email Carolina at
trendscal (at) gmail (dot) com
"There is more joy in giving than in receiving" —Ana Teresa, Carolina's Mother
Each year, True Blue Studio runs a fundraiser to benefit organizations. In the past True Blue has donated to a variety of organizations including
- Monarch Services Shelter for domestic violence victims in Santa Cruz
- Three various hospitals in Australia in response to the wildfires
- Masks for farm workers which helped provide farmworkers with PPE during the rise of the pandemic
- SPCA, Ben Lomond Fire Protection District, and Twin Lakes Evacuation Camp in response to the wildfires in Santa Cruz County
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Cruz
- The homeless population in Santa Cruz
- Every Mom Counts which works to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for everyone